This Privacy Notice ("Privacy Notice") provides you with the information regarding the processing of your personal data carried out by Codescoop Oy (registered seat: Köydenpunojankantu 2, Helsinki, 00180, Finland; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; ("Controller", "We" or "Us") via the codescoop.com website ("Website") and the Codescoop application ("Application", or "Services") provided by Us.
Definitions in this Notice
In this section you can find the definitions for the purpose of this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data: means any information relating to you through which We can identify you directly or indirectly; it means in particular your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of yours;
Data Processing: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
You: means any user of the website or the application whose data is processed by Us.
Data Processor: means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes Personal Data on behalf of Us.
We process your Personal Data in compliance with all the relevant laws, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- We process your Personal Data only for specified and legitimate purposes as described in this Privacy Notice.
- We do not process your Personal Data which is not adequate, relevant or necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
- We do our best to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date. We take every reasonable step to ensure that inaccurate Personal Data is erased or rectified without delay.
- We keep your Personal Data in a form which enables Us to identify You for no longer than needed, for the purposes for which your Personal Data is processed.
- We process your Personal Data in a manner that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage.
- In most cases, We are processing your Personal Data in order to provide You with our Services. However, other purposes may apply (e.g., to fulfil our statutory obligations). Please find detailed information on the purpose and other relevant circumstances of processing categorised by the purposes below.
We will always process your Personal data in compliance with the highest European standards on data protection. We provide an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data by E.U. standards, even in cases when We transfer your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area.
We do not carry out any automated decision-making or profiling activities while processing your Personal Data, unless directly stated otherwise in our information provided to You.
Except as described in the Privacy Statement, Codescoop will not give, sell, rent, or loan any identifiable Personal Information to any third party, without either Your prior consent or another legal basis. Codescoop may disclose such information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise its legal rights or defend against legal claims. Codescoop may also share such information if the Company believes it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or other, related contract terms, or as otherwise required by law.
When and how We collect Personal Data
Purposes of use
Personal data will only be collected by us to the extent and for the purpose for which you provide the data to us. We collect data in 2 cases:
- If you choose to sign up for a product demonstration. In this case we will ask for your email address, first name, last name (surname), and company name.
- If you choose to apply for a job with us. In this case we will ask for your name, phone number, email and CV.
- We will also offer you the option to opt into receiving occasional newsletter updates from Codescoop that contain product updates, upcoming events, or general news. You may opt-out of any communications at anytime.
We will store your personal data for the purpose you provided it to us only, following your explicit consent.
Personal Data & Storage
We are using Salesforce.com, a software as a service provider, as a data processor to store customer and prospect data in our CRM.
Google is a data processor. We are using Google Forms to store general queries that come to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or from submissions to our Request Demo form.
Data Processors, transferring your personal data within the Codescoop Oy
Please note, that We are using data processors for business related support services and these data processors receive your Personal Data for the purpose of providing Us with such services.
We may also transfer your Personal Data to current and future entities within Codescoopy Oy (currently consisting of Us, and two subsidiaries: Codescoop Inc., a U.S. company, registered seat: 3500 South Dupont Highway, City of Dover, County of Kent, Delaware 19901, and Scoop the AI Company Sl, registered at: Calle Sequia 11, 3 - 17001 Girona - Spain) for the Data Processing purposes listed in Section II. above.
We always ensure that appropriate and suitable safeguards are in place when we transfer data within Codescoop internationally, outside the EEA. For our vendors based in the U.S. we ensure that these vendors are part of the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. For further information please see: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help companies to remember their customers’ usernames and preferences, analyse how well the Website is performing, or even allow us to recommend content we believe will be most relevant to you.
Certain cookies contain personal information – for example, on some software as a service websites when you click to “remember me” when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Most cookies will not collect information that identifies you, but will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use the Website.
What sort of cookies does the Website use?
Generally, our cookies perform up to four different functions:
- Essential cookies: Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Website. If you opt to disable these cookies, you will not be able to access or use all of the features that the Website incorporates.
- Performance Cookies: We utilise other cookies to analyse how our visitors use the Website and to monitor performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by customising our offering and quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages is most effective, and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
- Functionality Cookies: We use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you use the Website, and recall your customisation preferences.
- Targeting Cookies:These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We do use or allow third parties to serve cookies that fall into the four categories above. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us monitor our traffic. We also use third party cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and monitoring compliance with our terms and conditions and copyright policy.
Can you block cookies?
As we have explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of the Website. However, if you do wish to disable cookies then you can do so by amending the settings within your browser or mobile device. Please remember that if you do choose to disable cookies, you may find that certain sections of the Website do not work properly.
Your rights regarding the Data Processing carried out by Us
You have the following rights regarding Data Processing carried out by Us in relation to your Personal Data:
- Right to access your Personal Data: You have the right to request from Us access to your Personal Data processed by Us and obtain information regarding the purpose of processing, what categories of Personal Data are processed, for or towards who We are transferring or disclosing your Personal Data, for what period We are processing your Personal Data, your rights in connection with Data Processing carried out by Us regarding your Personal Data, your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding the processing. Additionally, in the case We collect your Personal Data from other sources than from You, any available information as to the source, and the existence of automated decision-making and related information, including the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for You, whether your Personal Data is transferred outside the EEA, and the conditions of these transfers.
- We provide You with a copy of your personal Data processed by Us in case You require Us to do so.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request Us to rectify your inaccurate Personal Data and to request Us to complete your incomplete Personal Data by means of providing Us with a supplementary statement.
Right to erasure
We erase any of your Personal Data without delay if You request Us to do so in the event of the following:
- Your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the concerning purpose;
- You withdraw your consent and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- Your Personal Data has been processed unlawfully;
- Your Personal Data has to be erased according to relevant laws.
Please note that We are entitled to not erase your Personal Data if it is necessary - among others - for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, compliance with legal obligation, establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain from Us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- You have contested the accuracy of your Personal Data, for a period enabling Us to verify the accuracy of your Personal Data;
- The processing is unlawful and You oppose the erasure of your Personal Data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- We need no longer your Personal Data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by You for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Where processing has been restricted, such Personal Data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
Right to object to processing
- Where Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes, You have the right to object at any time to the processing of Personal Data concerning You for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
- You also generally have the right to object to the processing of Personal Data where the legal basis of the processing activity is Our legitimate interest, or the legitimate interest of a third party.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive your Personal Data, which You have provided to Us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from Us. You also have the right to have your Personal Data transmitted directly from Us to another controller, where technically feasible.
Right to withdraw your consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
We take actions requested in relation to exercising your above rights without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of your request. This period may be extended by two months where necessary, with a reasoned notification to You, taking into account the complexity and number of requests.
In the event when You make such a request by electronic means, We provide You with information by electronic means where possible, unless You request otherwise.
In case We do not take any action regarding your request, We inform You as to the reasons within one month of receipt of your request. We take the necessary actions regarding exercising your rights in relation to the processing free of charge except when your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
In case We have reasonable doubts as to the identity of the natural person making the request, We may request additional information necessary to confirm the identity of such person.
In case You would not agree with our response or action or if You consider that your rights have been infringed, You have the possibility to lodge your complaint with the Office of Data Protection Ombudsman https://tietosuoja.fi/en/home at Ratapihantie 9, 6th floor, 00520 Helsinki, postal address: P.O. Box 800, 00521 Helsinki, Finland. E-mail: email@example.com.
Please note that We review this Privacy Notice on occasions and amend it as necessary. In case We amend this Privacy Notice, We announce and publish it by the usual means (e.g., via e-mail, or on the Website). We would like to encourage You to review this Privacy Notice occasionally.